My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lessons of Wisdom...

Are u one of them who study your daily portions and prepare for your exams much ahead of the examination date…Are the days before your exam; Revision Days for you…Ok…I AM NOT…. Shamelessly..uhmm..Shamefully, let me admit…NO…the whole semester, I would be doing everything else other than studying…and the two days before the exam were the days of Studies…I would be rushing through my subjects…Even though, my inner heart after every exam, scolds me hard for this last minute rush and irresponsibility…I never could change that nature of mine of keeping my studies till the last day…Maybe, it was the over confidence in me that made me be so…Maybe I was too arrogant to think that I could study all those portions in two days…grr…I feel so embarrassed now to admit it…

But do you think, this nature of mine could actually help me and many others…Would you believe if I say, if not for my this nature, many of my friends might have had lost a whole semester…My over confidence actually saved many from writing Supplement Papers…uhmm…

Now, before I get into the story… let me thank my class mate here…She was one girl, who used to work so hard throughout the year and still find herself BLANK, the day b4 the exam… So we both had decided on Combined-Study…where I was one person who might be seeing most of the lecture notes for first time and so knew NOTHING…and she might be seeing it the 100th time and still knew NOTHING…Our way of studying was…I would be like a Teacher, reading out the notes as if I was saying some story…and she would be like a student who seriously listened and learnt them with understanding…It worked for both of us…as I wanted someone to listen to me..and she wanted someone to read out to her…By god’s grace and her support I never had to go to any exam without learning the subject well…and she too became confident in appearing for the exams…

Life at college went on this way…till the Sixth and the last semester…rather the last exam we had to give for our Graduation course…As the course suggested, we had too many arrays of subjects to study every semester…Thus came the paper, “Entrepreneurship” … This was a subject which was done in detail for the Commerce students…so for the English Lecturers, this was completely new…Two of the Senior Lecturers divided the syllabus between them and took classes…they gave long Lecture notes and made the students equipped to face the Barrier of Examinations…I being too busy with everything else, had no time to actually even go through these notes…till that Saturday…

Monday was the last exam…Entrepreneurship Paper…ours being the first batch of the newly introduced course, this exam was almost like a Challenge for the English Department of the college…So early morning Saturday, I reached my Study mate’s door step…lol…Trust me, my mind at that moment was like a blackboard that was never touched with Chalk…My friend was like a Blackboard scribbled with Chalks all over…My mind was wandering with fear as I knew NOTHING….She had lot of fears, as she felt she knew nothing…With much optimism…we got into her bed…and started going through Lecture notes of one of the Teacher…Teacher M

Almost after 2 hours, we hadn’t progressed…the never ending pages of the lecture notes scared both of us…We decided to start with Teacher G’s notes…personally I liked her more…lol!!!somehow, G’s notes seemed more interesting and easy to learn…Soon after lunch time, we made sure that G’s portions were almost done…Again, half heartedly, we started on M’s notes…how much ever, I tried making the process interesting, the stuff seemed too confusing and boring and never ending…Essays seemed like Novels…Short Notes seemed like Essays…I hated it…we had no option..had to study…almost 1 day was over…we had just 1 more day before the exam…and we were still no where…

By 6 in the evening, I knew, we were hopeless in our War to succeed…grrr..It was then, I decided…Why not check the syllabus…and then go through the notes as per the Syllabus…atleast we would have some guide…that was the idea…

When we started going through the syllabus and trying to find the corresponding notes among the lecture notes, shockingly we realized…we had NOTHING…. All of Teacher M’s notes were completely irrelevant….She had given notes of portions which was not in our Syllabus…and She had given NO notes of portions from our Syllabus….That meant…apart from both of us…rest of the batch mates were busy studying portions which was not actually required and they would be coming for the exam without studying the necessary portions…Shocked, I immediately called Teacher G…(as u know, she was my favourite…)…She was like shocked too…it was too late to even call everybody to the College…So what she advised was, to try to find the Entrepreneurship Text Book from any Commerce students…and photo copy relevant portions and try studying in that last one day, the Sunday…A phone call to all other class mates to pass this information was done…

I could hear many getting worried, some even cried…as they had spend days to learn this practically New subject…I was still blank…That night, I walked through my street with my brother…walking into every house, asking if there was any Bachelor of Commerce, Final Year student..who could give me his Text book to be photocopied…They too were having exams, so there was doubts if they should give or not…Still, finally, we managed to get a text book…and photocopied the whole stuff, that night itself…

Sunday was like a Day on Fire…I and my Study mate, rigorously went thru the topics and somehow, made ourselves aware of the subject…Trust me, the portion was so easier than what Teacher M has given us…God knows, how could she be so careless, in making such a big error… but even today, when I think of it…IF I HADNT THOUGHT OF IT…on deciding to take out the syllabus actually saved the future of a whole batch of students…and the reputation of the College...

On Monday morning, all of us was so tensed…bcoz none of us had even time enough to study well…Atleast for me, it was not new..I was always a last minute Study person…So, maybe it didn’t make too much of a difference…We met Teacher G at the entrance…she tried hard to console us…and make us tension-less…Anyways, majority of us did the exam well…rather everybody passed the exam…and for me, I was one of the University Gold Medalist …

Out of all this…what is it, that actually made me feel bad was…Teacher M…even after knowing she made a big mistake…she never felt like coming to us and at least be there to give us some Moral Support… “To Err is Human…”… but then, she would have been regarded high if she was there to accept it too…Instead, she acted as if She knew nothing about what was happening…and she had no further responsibilities…afterall, it was matter of the future of many of the students….She failed to remember that…atleast, that's the impression she gave…

Still, I prefer believing, that day DID make some change in her…I don’t know…I can't make sure either as I had left college after my graduation…but I believe, the past cannot be changed, the future is yet in your power...as...

Mistakes are Lessons of Wisdom...

1 comments:

Bikram said...

he he he nothign wrong there .. welcome to my world .. i passed now thats a MIRACLE :)

so yo usee if i passed anyone can pass :)
all the best

Bikram's