My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Monday, October 19, 2009

In the Air...On the Twister...

Did you know that I loveeeeeeee adventure...and the extent of my love for the most daring activities was always unknown to me...But by the Grace of God...or better I should say "by the Grace of Devil...ha !!!", I didn't have to live a hundred years to explore the "Limit of my Adventurous Heart..."... ME, the Ultimate Adventurous Heroine of the locality learnt a true lessons on "WHAT TO EXPECT and WHY NOT TO BOAST and HOW TO / NOT TO UNDERESTIMATE...."

The incident was a hilarious one for everybody else other than me and my Partner in Crime...lol!!!Today, it seems funny and knowingly / unknowingly a wicked smile do pass my lips...But that day....NOOOO...that day I was neither in the position to smile nor to cry...Neither could I react nor could I be calm...Because...I was just not on ground...I was on air...Even after hours of that experience, I still couldn't help myself from feeling that I was still on air...and feel as if I was being powdered in a Mixer...or was it as if being grinded in a Grinder...No...it was like being spinned inside a Waching Machine... Yes, thats the exact feeling...I was undergoing a Spinning treatment inside a Washing Machine and that too on HIGH speed...Gosh...How can I ever forget that day...

You have to take a big leap with me to the past to know what exactly happened that day...A leap of almost 14 -15 years back... I can, happily, call myself a young and daring friend to all and enemy to none....So this young Me, stepped into this world of fun and entertainment on that evening with my whole family...Yeah, that included my own family, my aunts, uncles and their families... So naturally, a small crowd stepped in with me to the Crime Area... The aim for the adults was pure shopping and the Fun Fair, the final destination, for the young 'KIDS' [I hate to call myself a kid...but even now (years after getting my voting power), I get side tracked by the older generation as a Kid...so, that day obviously I was a kid for them]... But as usual, we had to oblige and let the so called adults to have their own plate full of shopping, before we start on our fun at the Adventure ground....

You should keep in mind, that this is a story of years back..when the technology was not so hitech.. but still the games and adventure rides that filled the area was real treat to our eyes and heart....Me being the most Oversmart (uhmmm.....) among the lot, was literally running and excitedly expecting my parents to provide me with the money required for the tickets for every single rides and today I feel like comparing myself to a dog wagging his tail in front of every single food stall he pass by....lol!!!

Anyways, I treated myself with a number of rides, like the Giant Wheel, Toratora, Boat Ride etc, all of them was like right hand game for me...and just for the purpose of SHOW OFF, I started getting oversmart in front of all others - complaining the speed was not as good as expected... the ride was just OK OK... and not daring...and many such Overconfident statements ...STUPID ME....How I wish today, that I hadn't let my mouth open so boastfully that day... Atleast, the limit of embarassment would have been much much less than what I had faced that day...

So, once done with almost all the rides...suddenly we heard some people applausing and screaming, due excitement (which we realised much later, was not of excitement, but due fear...uhmm...)... Ahaa...there stands a small ride... something that looked like a Giant Wheel, but the diameter was much less than the Giant Wheel, also this one had closed compartments for the riders to sit...compartments that looked like an egg...and all those shouts were coming from inside those revolving eggs...I exclaimed...WOWWWWWWW....one more ride to go...but hey this seems really small compared to the Giant Wheel...still its ok..atleast its a ride...I started pulling on everybody to join me in that last one ride... Everybody was tired and none liked the tone of shouts they had from the riders inside the Eggs....Idiotic me couldnt actually distinguish that difference in tone...

Finally, I grabbed my aunt's hand, who is also an ardent fan of adventure rides...and we both stepped into the not so long queue to the ride entrance...The ride was called a TWISTER....little did we know, that theres gonna be a really wonderful twist in our 'adventure' life with that so called not so big ride...

Soon we boarded one compartment of the ride...we were as if sitting inside an egg with a belt fixed against our body to keep us from not moving..(much later I realised it was for us NOT TO FALL OFF)....Now what happened once the damn thing started moving was....Oh, lemme first explain to you how the ride works...The whole thing moves around like a Giant Wheel..but then while the big circle is moving, the egg like compartments too start revolving ... It starts rotating in its on position...First in a clockwise direction and then to the opposite direction...You can imagine the mental pressure (or maybe you might call it "HORROR") two little souls sitting inside was going through...

YES, we were trying hard to stay cool...but as the thing started gaining speed, we started screaming..not out of excitement..but for our life...because we were like two silly idiots dangling on a rope from a parachute and that too in an upside-down position...At one point we will moving head forward and down .... and the next moment you go all the way backward..and we were trying to hold on as much as possible due to the fear of falling off when we are upside down...uhm...FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF ADVENTURE RIDE LOVE....WE prayed and prayed..so that the thing comes to an end...

Finally, it slowly reduced its speed...and came to a halt...we couldnt even speak to each other as our teeth was jittering still...just couldn't hold the mouth to stay still...but between that, somehow we came to an agreement that we wouldn't let ourself tell the truth to the onlookers, our family, who was having all the fun standing outside and watching us...

We came out of that Stupid Egg and started walking towards Our Dear family...Oh, how happy we was to see them...To be frank, we couldnt even keep one step forward without feeling that shiver on our leg...we were literally swaying to and fro like a leaf ina tree during heavy wind...We reached our family and started exclaiming, "Oh, wow, what a ride..so nice...really enjoyed..." etc etc...They all started laughing...and finally my mom said..."Don't bother yourself by telling all these lies...It's clearly written on your face HOW GREAT AN EXPERIENCE you had...both of your eyes are all red and your face look white and pale...you can't even stand straight..and still you want us to believe you loved this one...?"... You can imagine the embarassment we had to face...for weeks, we had to face the sarcastic taunts they showered us with, making fun of us / pulling our legs and top it up..mimicking us walking out from the Horrible Ride...especially I was the main PREY for them...as I was the main person who used to be too smart...uhmm...I deserve that...

Like a cherry on top of the icecream something horrible happened soon after this incident. Once done with the showers of poking my self esteem and confidence, my grandpa announced An Icecream Treat, in memory of my Twister trip...(remember, I haven't yet recovered from the shiver..), and there, near the food stalls, we met one of our neighbour's son and his friends... To my shock....that stupid suddenly asked me..."WE have one ticket for the TWISTER ride...After watching the people who were walking out of it, we didn't have that extra nerve to try it out...would you like to use this ticket, I know you love rides..."...trust me, he didn't know, what that TERROR RIDE had left me like....and his question was genuine...knowing my love for such rides he might have just thought that I would be more than happy to take those tickets for myself...

But I am sure you all can imagine my face then...especially when my family was having a good share of their laughs and giggles while explaining what happened just minutes before with me...

In the Air...On the Twister...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was reading this blog, it's wonderful experience,
keep your good family relationship

Novice Writer said...

You tried the twister, eh? And such an embarrassing situation! Two of my classmates tried this thing during a trip to some amusement park and after the ride both of them threw up! Gosh! Call me chicken, but I hate rides (ie I am scared to death of rides)!!:-)

Jzt 4 me... said...

Yeah, Novice...I had the OPPORTUNITY to experience the wonders of the Twister...Just that I came out alive...Even if it caused lot of embarassment in front of my family, still the good thing out of the stuff was that I could take quite a number of days off from School then...hehe!!my neck had sprained with that rolling up and down effect...bcoz as we were moving forward down, i was trying hard to hold my head back and when it moved the other way, i tried holding it forward...just due fear of falling...Anyways, that was last of Twisters for me....but trust me, i still love adventure rides..and still excitedly climb the steps to the rides at any fairs / amusement parks...but maybe less adventorous ones..lol!!!