My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Mental Strike...

A Mental Strike…that’s what I have named it…a state of mind, where nothing seems right and u feel blank…not able to think or decide properly…U r confused…and the thing makes u feel worse when u realize, u doesn’t even have a REASON for the confusion that is in ur mind…U can’t analyse WHY u are feeling low at that moment…. Every single person do get such attacks once a while…its just that, we never realize that is what it is…My mind do take me thru such Mental Strikes often and I keep wondering, WHY ME and WHAT is Wrong with me… I very well know I would never get an answer how much ever I try to solve the confusion…

But the worst is the situation when such a State of Mind is being faced by a very innocent sweet person…and today…I had to handle such a situation…Its not a good news…and tears filled my eyes even while I talked to that person…the person here is a very close relative of mine…She is my cousin M…

M is a mother of two kids…a son who is 12 years and a daughter who is 9…she has a very loving husband who could be considered a perfect match if their characters are compared….Both of them are Village born and grown…Down to earth nature with a soft heart…always holding a similar gentle smile…I have never seen either of them talking loudly or laughing aloud…They were a sweet couple..and always came and went from a scene without much pomp or show…Being very close relative, we knew them well…and compared to many other such close relatives, I knew well that these people never would do any harm… As the saying says…Neither for good nor for bad…

Now, maybe it was this soft heart that made her go through this Mental Strike…reason is unknown…but she had similar attacks twice before, but this is the first time, I witnessed the situation…

Yesterday late night, my mom who was still back home, called me and told me that M is having the similar mental issue as she had had a few years back…and her parents are really worried as they are back home…I, immediately called her home…Her husband picked up the phone and I could sense panic….he cut the call saying he will talk next day.. I called again just to make sure there was no serious issues and if he wanted me to go to their place then…His answer didn’t help much..he said.. “NO NO…I will call tomorrow…”

Next day early morning I called him…spoke to him..he was worried…the previous night, I had called when he was frantically trying to put his wife to sleep… This time, her issue was… “She was suspicious of everything around her… When somebody says ANYTHING in any TV programme, she feel they were talking about her…when her husband is on the phone, she feel there is some conspiracy going on against her…she was doubting that some TV channel has implanted secret cameras all around her…and so on…”

I rushed to her place by 10am…She seemed normal…I asked her, hows she..and she just bursted into crying…I couldn’t help myself frm crying…grrr…What continued was a series of her own complaints about herself…

“I am bad, isn’t it???”
“I am cruel, isn’t it?”
“I know, the food I cook is not tasty.”
“See, they are talking about me on the TV”
“I am a liar…”
“Ask my husband to divorce me”


And thus she went on saying things that had no connection…Her doctor had advised that she should be taken back home ASAP…and her husband wanted one of us to accompany her…He couldn’t go with her, bcoz again she was feeling that He is trying to take her with him to leave her…and she wouldn’t let anybdy take her anywhere….

After much coaxing and using so much of emotional blackmails, she agreed to cm with me to my house…we made her belive that my brother was flying home for a friend’s marriage and she should also go with him and take a second opinion from the doctor there…She was not ready to go..as she repeatedly said… “I have no disease, then why should I go…”

Anyways, she flew…and is now with her parents…Please pray for her…and her family…

It left me wondering and thanking God for giving me such a strong heart and will power…Else with all the problems I had faced in my life, I would have long back ended up at some asylum…uhmm…

As for her…she was too soft hearted and too much an innocent soul, that she couldn’t fight against what her mind did to her…Why couldn't she realise that, afterall, it was just…

A Mental Strike…

3 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

Let us pray this is a temporary occurence.With professional help ,she should be back to her normal good self.I hope they seek help from right pros

Anonymous said...

May be she has some thing she cannot tell or share with anyone. I have seen such incidents among some of my students...

Jzt4me said...

@Dost - She is still under treatment. The doctor would say her latest state by 11th and then we will know, if she's coming back soon...

@ Stranger - U R Right...I had guessed that before she left and I did do my own investigation on the issue...Waiting for her to come back so that I can part her with some Courage to face the reality of life...