My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

I am Me...

Woke up to a dozen forward messages on my WhatsApp wishing happy women’s day… More wishes on calls and thousands on Facebook… My morning actually went off in deleting and responding to most of these messages. Though, personally, I never liked wishing a Women’s day to anybody, I returned the courtesy people showed to me by wishing me. The rebel in me, as always, was boiling up. Sometimes, these silly things would blow my patience out and I start talking about the topic thru my eyes.

Women’s day … Wonder why this day was coined so and what was the real motive. As Wikipedia says, it was to commemorate the movement for women’s rights. Movements happened and is still happening, but what change has it made on a Woman, an average woman. Yes, it made changes, I wouldn’t deny it. But nothing had changed still, to a big amount of people around the world, especially the Asian sector. Women still gets beaten up, denied basic rights, abused and harassed and above everything is demeaned and treated as if she is NOT entitled to any Self-Respect.

Wishing and celebrating a day without any meaning; is this what a woman want? As I was going through the different colourful Women’s day images, remembered vaguely something that I had seen last year. In that, a man is dragging a woman by her hair with a caption, “Okay, Women’s day is over, You can go back to your kitchen.” Isn’t this the mentality of the majority we see. I agree, today’s women have progressed a lot above this. But, an average Asian woman like me, who grew up in an orthodox family has seen only the other side more.

Grew up listening to HOW a woman should behave, adjust, sacrifice…how she should be a good daughter, sister, student, wife, mother etc…But how many of us remember that to start with…SHE IS A WOMAN…a human being who would have her own wishes, dreams, aspirations…How many of you make sure that the women in your life is happy and content with what you are doing / not doing for them? How many of you feel that the women in your home should live and die happily and not unhappy and frustrated?

I am often misunderstood as a feminist just bcoz I don’t follow the norms that a woman is expected to follow. To love, respect, serve and sacrifice – COME WHAT MAY… I am not a feminist. I am not a man-hater. Neither I proclaim to be treated equally or be given more considerations. It’s just that I decided to tweak the norm in my way. “I love and respect men who loves and respects me…Men who believe in Give and Take…That’s all.” I am neither god nor an angel to forgive and forget and just go on giving just because I AM A WOMAN…And I realise this raises hundreds of brows around me and instigates advices / suggestions and lectures on Womanhood…

But today, instead of following a formality to wish fellow women…I would like to remind you that unless you are happy, you can never keep people around you happy…A safety warning in the aircraft says, first assist yourself and then assist your neighbour…Then, why in real life, it’s expected that the woman takes care of everybody else before herself.

“Be Happy, Do things that will keep you happy… Love yourself and spread Love… Enjoy your life and let others enjoy too…and treat yourself as an individual human being who has an equal chance to live this life happily, after all, there is only one life and live it to the fullest…Say to yourself, you are a woman with the right to be who you are… and not what others want u to be…”

As for me, remember, I love you, if you love me…and I hate you if you hate me…and trust me, I am absolutely fine if you hate me as it wouldn’t make it any difficult or contribute to my existence…I know, I know, I am very cheeky. But what to do…

I am Me…

0 comments: