My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heartfelt Valentines Wish to my Friend...

Ha, the day started out in the most weirdest way…the mobile cheated me…the alarm didn’t ring…I woke just ½ hour before the office working hour started…and had to literally rush thru the morning chores… guess what…mom never knew, that I was not yet in the office...she just thought, that I might be long gone…when I came rushing out of my room, my mom exclaimed… “Ha, U r not going to office today???”…grrr…I AM LATE…and …. I just blamed mom and dad for being careless and not waking me up…good way to go, girl…send in an sms to my colleague that I would be late for work…ofcourse with a different excuse that I weaved out of my imagination…

Finally I hit the road after a quick 30 mts rush at home…only to get stuck in the damn traffic…what the hell is happening today…every single person in the city overslept??? Nothing to do, I switched on the radio FM…and aha…there is the wish going on…Happy Valentines Day…Oh, Blast… to be frank…I had completely forgotten that it was Valentines day today…or rather it didn’t cross my mind that it was 14th February today…uhmm…great na…I needed the Radio guys to remind me…afterall…today is the day of Lovers…

Not that there is something to look forward to in this day…as life goes…once u cross ur teenage days, the importance of such days just goes off…and the best I can expect is a Valentines wish from my partner…hey, but need to agree to one fact…soon after I knew that it was Valentines, I got almost 6-7 sms wishing me for the day with nice and sweet wordings…Wishhh…I was young and back in the college days…atleast could have expected a gift…Anyways, I was rude enough not return any of the sms…Bcoz, I had to be at office ASAP rather than raking my mind for some nice Thank you messages…thus the messages in my mobile stayed Un-Acknowledged..uhmm..good for me..I saved some money…lol!!!(RUDE!!!)

Hey, that reminds me of that day, a page of my life from years back…and a gift…A Dairymilk Cadbury Bar…uhmm… I always cherished gifts…and this was from a friend… but when the gift was given on a Valentines day, it became a bit ODD…or rather awkward…the gesture was friendship, but it could be very well misinterpreted…I couldn’t say NO to a Dairymilk then…so, with the immature heart I had, I gulped the chocolate in and hid the wrapper into one of the books I had in my hand…I felt as if I was hiding a big secret…lol!!!

Today, I realize… stupid I was…I thought getting a chocolate on a V Day was a crime…and I had to literally work hard to hide the fact from friends and family that I got a Dairymilk…and as years passed by…the secret became a much known thing…I realized that chocolates were nothing…there were still bigger secrets that a V Day could offer…haha!!!

But the most funniest part of the whole is…its been years after the above incident…Few days back, when I was busy packing my personal stuff for the shifting…I found my MOST PERSONAL SECRET BOOK….hahah!!! yeah, I had this crazy habit of jotting down poems or short stories and even philosophies from my crazy imagination…I never let anybody read them for the same reason that they were real crazy stuff…When I got this book after almost 4-5years, with much amusement, I scrolled my eyes thru its pages…and Aha…there is something gleaming back at me in Glittering Attire…It was the Golden Wrapper of the Dairy Milk and the Purple Outer cover…the same one that I had hidden years back…

I could still smell the chocolate smell…I could feel my friend’s emotions when he gifted me that bar of chocolate…I could remember my enthusiasm in finishing it without sharing it with anybody…I could smile on the thought that after almost 10 years, I got to see that wrapper again…Suddenly I felt sad…why didn’t I save many such gifts to be unwrapped years later…which could have brought in a Special Smile in me…afterall, gifts however small or inexpensive will always be sweet and nice…They are meant to be Cherished and kept Close to heart…

Today, another Valentines Day is here…I have had hundreds of other gifts in my life…but the wrapper that I found inside that book will always stay the cutest and sweetest one…Because, all these years it was surviving inside that book which had my crazy secrets and finally reached me to remind me the mem
ories of the past…the memories that was sweet and nice…

To my dear friend who gifted me that chocolate,

“Wherever you are today… Hope, you get to eat one of those Dairymilk bar…and let that remind you of this friend who is thinking of you right now…Wish you a very very Happy Valentines Day…!!!”

0 comments: