My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Dear 'Little' Aunt...

The mind is calm and cool today…but suddenly I am missing her…for no reason, suddenly my memory took me to many occasions when she stood up for me…with a happy heart, I am reminiscing those days when she used to give me that support I required during the most toughest of times…physically she was far away most of the time…but emotionally, she was always around me…I know that she’s just a phone call away…She was and is my dear little Aunt…

(Uhmm…I am sure the phrase LITTLE is going to irritate her…but dear aunt, what to do…we shouldn't be forgetting the fact that you are short…hahah!!!)

Anyways, let me continue…through my life, one thing, I would never deny…how much ever, you say u can be on ur own, still u need atleast one person to give you that extra hand of support…you can fight a whole battle…only if U have atleast one person with u…and that one person in my life was my aunt…she was more like a friend to me…whenever I used to get upset, I used to a letter to her…a long long letter…wherein I poured all my complaints and sorrows and happiness… my aunt was my support… bcoz…she was the one person who could ever tell openly in front of everybody… “Dear, don’t worry…what ever happen..ur aunt is with u…What ever u do, I will support u…bcoz I know, u will never do anything wrong…”… this is what I always wished for…the day my aunt said this…I was overwhelmed… tears of happiness filled my eyes…I felt strong…I knew, I had something to fall upon…

The strength of our relation grew as time passed…we played different roles in our relation…when I was upset, I was a kid to her and she consoled and comforted me…when she was upset, I would be the big mamma and give her the support she needed…we became jokers to bring that smile in each other’s face…we became the back bones to support each other...we shared our deepest secrets… we were the best of friends…we were philosophers and advisors to each other…

You know what...for all the praises I have for her...her kids might not approve of everything...bcoz as per them, my aunt can get worser than a tornado when she is angry...and I am sure, they envy me for the relation I and my aunt share...lol!!! but what to do...I love that...Let me just stop going on and on about how I love getting pampered by my aunt even at this age...But I would really like to share one small conversation that happened a few years back between her and her son...lol!!!

Now the situation was...there was some misunderstanding between me and her son...(point to be noted is, her son is some 12 years younger to me...he was more like a son to me than my brother..he too loves me a lot..but that particular day, basically he was angry and we had a fight that ended up in an argument...finally my aunt intervened...and she just exploded...I did try stopping her, but she made me keep quiet too..and she continued...without her knowledge I recorded some bit of her conversation in my mobile...and the following is what I caught on the mobile...

"If ever speak a word like u said today..against her..I will break your bones..and I am serious...Pls control ur tongue...You know when I get angry, how nasty I can be...If you have a problem, please go to the toilet and talk as much as u want in there...In front of me, u will not utter a word about her...I have told u earlier also...she is much more worthier than 10 sons put together...and I have told you this before also...and she's much older than u...and I will not tolerate anybody commenting about her...I don't like it...What ever it is... I will not take it...I will tell her many things..that is another thing..."

(U might see me as a Villain in her son's life in this conversation...finding happiness in scolding him...NO... he's also my sweetie pie...we fight, still we love each other a lottttttt...soon after the above conversation, me and my bro was back together...I feel sad when he's being scolded...I approve of only the feeling behind her scolding...not the scoldings...uhmmm)

But then, I am sure, now you all understood, why I am so attached to her...Its all bcoz of the trust she has in me and her love for me...For all that she gave me and did for me, I love her a lot…I would always want her to be happy and stay young as ever….(I am sure, shes going to be happy with this one wish of mine….) She was and is the coolest aunt anybody could have….Only thing is that…Never start arguing with her…bcoz she’s more dangerous than me….

6 comments:

Meena Sankaran said...

I am touched by your love for your aunt. Your reporting style of the events works very well for this post.

I had an uncle who loved me unconditionally. He fell victim to cancer just a few years ago. May be one day I can bring myself to share some of his many great qualities with my readers too.

Keep writing!

Jzt 4 me... said...

Hai Meenakshi,
Thanks for your comments...I will look forward to read ur post on ur uncle...

Admin1 said...

love the blog! ill follow you. and i wanted to say that the comment you left was amazing! I am sooo happy to know that there is another woman thats with me on this! i loved what you had to say and you are right. Im glad to see that you care abot the issues with women. lately ive been hearing so many women say "if a woman putsherself in a mans position she deserves to be hit!" thats shocking to hear that even women think that way. to me that says that we women do not have the right to stand up for ourselves to a man or we deserve being hit! ill be back to read mor of your blog hope u come back to mine! keep in touch! we women need to stick together. oh and i want to say that my mother did raise me to be strong thats why i am speaking up. i know what its like to be abused by a man phsically, mentally and sexually. we shouldnt have to go thru it!

Admin1 said...

ok im unable to follow you theres no 'follow' button to click on in the top of the right side. and the follow button that is above your follower is not letting me follow u!

Jzt 4 me... said...

Thanks a lot Kendra,Good to know we share similar opinions..we will surely have quite some wonderful discussions on this topic..for sure...u can follow me and also pls do read my earlier posts...even if I am not a feminist, u might see shades of feminism at many places...lol!!!

Penny said...

I like the part about if a person has at least one person for support, we can get through life. Having struggled through mine, I'd say that is true. I did have my stepmother to talk to and that has helped, but it has been excrutiating nevertheless. Love that your Aunt has been there for you. I wish someone loved me that much, but I am always happy to hear when others have been blessed in that manner. Thank you for sharing.

Penny AKA Sweet Little Angel