My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Friday, July 15, 2016

Score 1:1...Whoever wants, should do themselves…

Day 1

Thirst is an emotion that she rarely feel… As she placed the glass below the dispenser nozzle; she was indeed thirsty… Gosh, it’s flashing red… No water, time to change the bottle. Why, why should it always be so when you so much need it…and you can’t get it… “Bottle needs to be replaced”, I grumbled…

From behind, she heard, “He was here taking the last glass of water. He did see the red flashing and still didn’t change the bottle.”… Ok, now that is irresponsibility… As long as your matter is solved; leave the problem unsolved… Typical him… She marched into his abode…

“When you drank water, didn’t you see it flashing red…?”
“Yes, I did…”
Oh, great, so he did… “Then why couldn’t you just replace a new bottle.”
“Why should I? Are there nobody else to do it?”…gazing at his phone as always…
“Its not about, if there is anybody else. But you were the one who saw it and you could have replaced it.”…She knew, she sound Blunt… But then, carrying a gallon bottle of water to the dispenser should not be a woman’s job…especially not her who can’t depend on her own spine for anything that required carrying weight… He should know that and be a more empathetic about his fellow beings, she believed so…
“Soooooo….???”
Great! Soooo??? What does that mean? “Soooo, please come and replace the bottle…”
“I will do it tomorrow…”
“Not tomorrow, only you have sorted your thirst off. There are others who want to drink water…Can you please change it, I am thirsty”
“Whoever want…should do themselves… I can’t…”
“Is that how things should work in life… If tomorrow, you need something and if I respond this way…would that be fine?”
“Yes, you can…”
“Ok, then its ok…If I respond ever like this…Don’t feel bad then…” PERIOD….

Day 2

Busy in kitchen…As he walked in slowly, it was clear…He wants his morning tea…

“Whoever wants, will make his own tea and drink???”
“Yes…but I don’t want tea…”
“Ok, good, then don’t drink the tea that is prepared by somebody else…” PERIOD…

Soon after the scene was cleared, he drank the tea…filled himself with the freshly fried Puris and curry and thus his morning duty was over…

Day 3

“Did you have your breakfast, lunch, dinner yesterday…?”
“Yes…”
“What if somebody had thought, that if you want, let you cook it yourself and eat…” PERIOD…

Day 4

He came home with few parathas packed off from his dinner date with his friend…

Sleep time…as usual, he was gazing through the phone without the lights off…

“Do you want me to switch off the light for you…?”, she was being nice…
“Is anybody planning to cut and serve the mangoes..?”
“Whoever wants…can do themselves…”, Score 1-1…
“If I had thought so, I wouldn’t have brought the parathas home…”
“I didn’t invent this statement. Just following your steps…”

She held his clothes all dried up to be fold and arranged into the cupboard…She placed the unfolded clothes near him…and continued…

“These clothes did not walk by themselves and got washed and dried up…If I had thought the same way as you said, these would have been lying there in the laundry bag still…Tomorrow, when you search for your clothes to get dressed to present yourself to your office, remember that these things are not done by you…But by somebody else… Be thankful for things that others do for you…and Be kind enuf to do something for them too…”

A sheepish look with an embarrassed smile…But she know very well…it was not a lesson learnt…soon the score would be 2:1 and she would still hear the same statement another day…

Whoever wants, should do themselves…

0 comments: