My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A New Hope...A New Promise...

At times, I really wonder is this happening with me…is this something that we usually nickname as Sixth Sense or just coincidence…especially when things that were so close to what I intended to say become a reality..it gives a shiver…The news of the aircrash came in as a shock and today as I am typing this down I have already missed quite some heart beats…

Believe me or not…few days back, I had started typing in some stories of airport and things that have happened during my tenure at an airport years back…Ok, I missed saying that b4..let me update u with that info…I have worked for some years with the passenger service in an airport…during those years, I learnt all the “Behind the Scene Actions” before and after a flight took off and landed…Many of the misconceptions I had as a mere passenger were broken…I understood WHY it was as it was…WHY not it be as we wanted…and so on…

Including myself, had made mistakes in trying to cheat the Airline staffs by taking an extra baggage or excess weight along with us to the aircraft to avoid paying excess baggage…Even when my relatives were travelling a few days back…when I was lecturing them, WHY THEY SHOULD NOT CHEAT ON THE WEIGHT CALCULATIONS, they laughed me off…Little did they know, how much dangerous their one piece of unsurrendered baggage could turn to… They didn’t want to know the Safety and Security hazards it could pose to an aircraft and thereby the passengers…

Anyways, when I was talking to u all abt their excess baggage on my last post, I felt that I should be sharing with u all some of my stories from those days at the Airport and the problems I faced with passengers due Excess Baggage…I had typed a whole post with a few hilarious and funny incidents, but then ended it with a warning of what could happen if we really din’t abide by the safety regulations during an air travel…

For some idiotic reason, I forgot to take the copy of the post with me home and thereby, I couldn’t post it into the blog all these days…Everyday, I thought, 'OK tomorrow, I will do it'…and it just went on …Today, when I came to the office after the week end…and while reading the news papers about the yesterday's crash, I opened the word doc…and the first word that caught my eyes were, the last word of my post…The warning that I wanted to give you all…In bold letters it read ‘An Air Crash’ …

This is a truth…I wouldn’t want to post that anymore…But some day, I will surely share with you all those incidents that happened …not to warn you, but to make you understand WHY IT HAS TO BE THE WAY IT IS….Atleast for some of you, (who had taken a flight atleast once before) it will be new knowledge and could alarm you when you realise the fact that be it unknowingly how big a threat you have been to an air craft and fellow passengers during your flight....

But now, at this point all I want to extend is my heart felt condolences to the family who lost their loved ones in this horrific accident...Praying that the souls of those ill-fated people who left us today may Rest in Peace...In memory of those deceased in the crash …

"Life is a journey.
Death is the continuation of the journey.
Heaven is a temporary rest.
For the commencement and fulfilment
Of a new life, a new hope
And a new promise"

3 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

You really scare us and make poor passengers like us with a couple of Kgs extra in our baggages seem responsible for a potential crash.I cannot believe the airlines are not hvg adequate cushion for excess weight.Nevertheless the message that each one of us should adhere to the safety regulations in the matter of weight interalia has gone home well.Looking forward to posts detailing your experiences,

Anshul Kumar Pandey said...

Okay...so you are back and you have started blogging. Congrats. Don't forget to comment on my posts too.

Annah said...

I am ridiculously terrified of flying. It's an anxiety attack every time I get on a plane. I enjoyed your post :)